POWER, PRECISION, AND NETWORK CONNECTIVITY.
Our flagship receiver, the CXR200 is an audiophile-grade 200 Watts per channel amplifier that brings together all of our hi-fi know-how for a powerful, immersive home cinema experience like no other.
We designed the CXR200 from the ground up to be the heart of your digital set-up, so it contains the same state-of-the-art Cambridge Audio StreamMagic music streaming module found in our CXN network music player. From basic compressed MP3 formats to 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality FLAC and WAV files, either wired, from USB hard drives, or via Wi-Fi, the CXR200 plays them all.
Add a BT100 Bluetooth receiver and it will pair with any compatible device, allowing playback in superb quality thanks to aptX technology. The CXR200 streams from the web, is compatible with Spotify Connect and gives access to thousands of internet radio stations. There’s even support for Direct Stream Digital (DSD), allowing you to play back Super Audio CDs from your universal player. Complementing the audio output, its visual performance is second to none. The eight HDMI input sockets cater for all your visual feeds and two of them support MHL, one on the front and on the back, making it simple to watch phone content on your big screen. And with two HDMI outputs, you can connect a projector as well your TV, or you can use the CXR200’s Zone 2 functionality to send independent audio and video signals to a second room.
HDMI connections are 2.0 rated (apart from the MHL inputs which are 1.4), and support 4K and 3D standards, and the CXR200 will upscale all 1080p signals to 4K ultra high definition. With Deep Colour support too, crisp and detailed images are guaranteed. The heart of the CXR200 is its low flux audiophile-grade toroidal transformer. Discrete class AB amplifiers deliver extremely low noise and distortion while the output of 200 Watts in stereo mode or 120 Watts with all seven channels driven, provides more than enough power for even the most demanding speakers. Add a free iOS/Android app for control of network music playback and you have an exceptional hi-fi amplifier that will reveal previously undiscovered layers to your music.
- Power output:200 watts RMS per channel, 6 ohms (two channels driven), 270 watts RMS per channel, 4 ohms (two channels driven), 170 watts RMS per channel, 8 ohms (two channels driven), 120 watts RMS per channel, 8 ohms (all 7 channels driven)
- HDMI:HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, ARC supported on HDMI 1 output
- Audio Inputs:4 x Analogue, Tuner (FM/AM), 7.1 multi-channel analogue direct, 2 x digital co-axial, 4 x optical
- Video Inputs:6 x HDMI 2.0, 2 x MHL compatible (HDMI 1.4 - max 1080p)
- Main Audio Outputs:7 Amplified Speaker Outputs, L+R preamp outs, 2 x subwoofer outputs
- Video Output:2 x HDMI 2.0, ARC through HDMI 1, Zone 2 through HDMI 2
- Other connections:1 x 1/4” / 6.35mm Headphone Output (32 To 600 ohms recommended), IR emitter input, IR receiver input, 3 x IR outputs, 3 x 12V trigger outputs, 1 RS232C, 1 IEC type mains inlet, Wi-Fi module, RJ45 Ethernet, BT100 Bluetooth (not supplied), Spotify Connect
- Audio formats (network streaming and USB HDD):ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis (16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz), DSD (via HDMI)
- Max power consumption:1800W
- Standby power consumption:<0.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D)*:165 x 430 x 420mm (6.5 x 16.9 x 16.5’’)
- Weight:15.7kg (34.5lbs)